I’m often asked “What is Facebook Business Manager” and “Why do I need it?”
Business manager enables you to manage your Facebook pages, AD accounts, and ads efficiently in one place. I think of it as a big filing cabinet (old skool!) and the Facebook pages and ad accounts are the files within it.
5 Benefits of having Facebook Business Manager
- It allows you to easily control who has access to your Facebook pages
- You can effectively manage your advertising. If you’re an e-commerce brand you should most certainly have business manager set up.
- It’s a good way to separate your business Facebook page from your personal one
- It’s possible for any size business to have a Business manager account
- You can load in your product catalog to effectively sell your products via ads
Setting up Business manager is easy but just in case you’re struggling here are some easy to follow steps:
Before you start you will need a personal Facebook account.
- Go to business.facebook.com
- Click create account
- Enter a name for your business, and then click through all the steps. If you don’t yet have a Facebook page for your business first create one
Well done you’ve now set up your Business manager account. Now you have to go in and assign your Facebook page to it. In order to do this, you have to be an admin for your page.
- First go to business settings
- Below accounts, click pages
- Click +add
- Select add a page
- Then enter the Facebook page name
Finally you need to add people to your Business pages
- Open Business Settings.
2. Below Users click People.
3. Select the person you want to give asset access to
4. Click Assign Assets and select Pages.
5. Select the specific Page you’d like to share access to and choose a role
6. Click Save Changes.
These are the three main steps you need in order to set up Facebook business manager and ultimately run ads.
If you have any problems or other questions you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org